live link

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mentoring!

I just signed up my first person, I am on my way. I am going to be more successful, in this program, than anyone that has come before me or that will come after me. WHY? Well, because I say so of course.

If it were only that easy. If THAT is really ALL that it took. If all I had to do was say; "hey, because I took the time and put forth the effort to sign this person up, I am going to be successful". WOW, if only it were that easy.

Signing them up is easy. Convincing them that your program is "the silver bullet", is really the easiest part. The allure of easy money, of quick cash, that makes it all worth it doesn't it. They can't get their credit cards out fast enough. "Sign me up".

BUT, it doesn't stop there. If it does, then you have let them down. It is your responsibility to be there for them. To answer all their questions, to lead them and guide them. I'm NOT suggesting that you do all the work for them. BUT, YOU, are responsible, now that you have enlisted them into your program.

SO, exactly what does that entail? Well, for starters, you have to be held accountable. What does that mean? Well, you have to respond to emails and phone calls. You can try to avoid them, but, rest assured, if you don't respond, they will cancel and join under another leader, (if they join at all).

Does a phone call or an email really take that much from you? If you answered "yes" to the foregoing question, you may want to consider another line of work. NO really, I mean you want to QUIT RIGHT NOW, and find something else to do. Because you are NOT a mentor.
A mentor is THERE. There to answer questions, to offer advice, to lead and to guide. Don't do the work for them, BUT, be there for them.

Remember what Jim Rohn said....................."Service to others' leads to greatness...........great respect, & great satisfaction............."  To get to where you want to be, you are going to have to make some sacrifices, and if that means helping someone else get to where they want to be, then so be it.

Health, wealth, & prosperity to you all...............

No comments:

Post a Comment