live link

Friday, May 27, 2011

Mentoring

Who is Mentoring you? Who are you mentoring? The marketing industry is a "pay it forward" business. What does that mean? Well, it means that it becomes the responsibilty of all of us to give back to the industry.
Hopefully, each of us has someone that we can turn to for answers. Someone that has been in the business long enough to know what it takes to be successful. I assure you, all of the top earners are sharing their knowledge. Do they charge for their knowledge? Most of them do yes. They have earned the right to do so.
People like Todd FalconeMike DillardRay HigdonDavid WoodJay KubassekDiane Hochman, and the list goes on and on. Each of them have their own formula for success. But, I assure you, each of them is giving back to the industry that made them who and what they are today. 
Everyday, I look on social sites, ( I won't name names), and I see post after post after post of someone trying to pitch their service, their program, or their product. The irony of it is that the site, and the wall is full of other marketers and most of them are doing the same thing. Did their mentor tell them to saturate the wall posts' with advertisement? Or do they think that this is the right way of doing things? Do they even have a mentor?
I spend almost all of my time, on these sites, looking for CONTENT. I am constantly reading other peoples' blogs, trying to learn more, and seeing what others are writing about. I see "blogs" that are advertisements for their product/service/program. THAT is article marketing. 
If this is what their mentor is teaching them, shame on the mentor. A mentor should be a positive influence in their life and contribute to their success. Wikipedia defines mentor as a process for the informal transmission of knowledge, social capital, and the psychosocial support perceived by the recipient as relevant to work, career, or professional development;mentoring entails informal communication, usually face-to-face and during a sustained period of time, between a person who is perceived to have greater relevant knowledge, wisdom, or experience (the mentor) and a person who is perceived to have less (the protégé)"
Does your mentor need to be someone in your upline? NO, they don't even have to be in your company. I offer help to anyone who asks for it. I recently received a call from a woman on the East Coast, (I live in the Midwest), and she actually had just joined the same company that is my primary. She was very disatisfied with her sponsor, who wouldn't return her calls or answer her e-mails. She found my name and website while researching our primary and gave me a call asking for help. I was more than happy to help. Contributing to the growth and success of someone else, (I believe), will lead to your own personal success.
So, if you're mentoring, keep up the good work. If you are in need of a mentor, their are plenty of them out there. Do some research and find one that is where you want to be. They know how to get there, and who better to show you the way.
Health, wealth, & prosperity to you all...........

No comments:

Post a Comment